If Games Workshop can do spinning product images, so can I! It's a bit of a hassle, but the effect is kinda nice. :) Click the image to pop-up a PX40K copyrighted 720° view of the Dakka-Jet!
The inspiration for the colour-scheme came from the venerable Stuka. This particular camo with yellow wingtips was used on the eastern front I believe. But only on the undersides, and that would detract from the effect on the tabletop.
I tried to follow the "official" RLM colour codes with the Vallejo Air Colors I had. The only snag was the yellow which had to be airbrushed light and building up from a darkened Yellow Ochre up to the lemon yellow. It took some time, but in the end it turned out really well. Super vibrant. I like! :)
The "splinter" camouflage was done with some simple masking. I put down some Tamiya masking tape on my cutting mat and then cut some angular shapes that I placed over the grey basecoat and then sprayed it green. :)
Some basic weathering and post-shading with oils, add some pigments to that and voila! A Dakka-Jet!
Check out the work in progress posts via this link.