Sunday, June 3, 2012

Quick Snapshot, WIP KV-1

Remember the KV-1 that I posted earlier? It turned out to be one real fun tank to paint. So when Diablo 3 hasn't been occupying all my time (my life is 99% Diablo at the moment -.-) I've gotten around to painting it.

Trying on a slower technique of weathering instead of slapping on some pigments. Basically much higher contrast and with a lot of layering with oil washes/paints. For now I'm pretty pleased with how it's developing. Still have to muddy it up a little with pigments later on due to their amazing ability to look gritty.

The base colour is from AK-Interactives Soviet Green modulation pack. I'm sort of in love with it. Just the perfect mix of pigments with a slight hint of yellow. I added a filter of yellow ochre on top of it just to make it look more vivid.


  1. That's looking great man! I have the same kit but I haven't gotten around to painting it properly yet.

    Very inspiring.

  2. Thanks! :D
    When you get around to paint it. Check if you can cut the decals so the rivets on the add-on armour don't interfere too much with them. I was already committed (soaked decals and stuff) when I realized that they weren't gonna go on there without much hassle. After a couple of passes with Micro Sol they kinda looked OK. But the right front got a bit wrinkled (as you can see in the photo).

    When you've painted it, come back here and drop me a link :D